Thursday 14 January 2010

Alex's Biography


Alex's Biography

by
Alexandra Rojas Ospina

.

Born

I was born in Colombia on October 3, in a small town by the name of Tulua. I do not have any brothers or sisters which makes me an only child. I have very close cousins and I have got on very well with them ever since I was young. My family includes my Mother Mariela and my Father Diego who are happily married. My mother is retired; she used to work as a nurse for many years. My father still works as a factory worker in Colombiana S.A. This is one of the most famous Colombian companies and they produce different kinds of candies like Nutella, Bombones, and Bananas.


Studies and Hobbies

When I first finished school I moved to Cali because I wanted to study at Icesi University and later get a good job. In Colombia this is the only way to find a good job after graduating from a prestigious university. After graduating with a degree in Computer Engineering I found a job quickly in a company called Cementos del Valle in Cali, and later found an even better job in Carvajal headquarters. This was very good because the company is very big with branches in twelve different countries including Latin America and Spain.

I am currently a Computer Engineer but I prefer to work with software development because I do not like to have to fix computer problems. In my current job I am responsible to develop different programs on demand. My job tittle is called a 'Junior Analyst' .

I have a lot of different hobbies which include travelling spending time with my family and friends. Nowdays, walking around London to see the famous buildings, and drinking coffee and hot chocolate with my housemates.


Nowadays and Future Plans
My current employer Carvajal back home has given me ten months of work to achieve my goal and dream of learning English. This will allow me to get a promotion and become a Senior Analyst when I return home. One day I would also like to get married and be as happy as my parents and raise my own children to speak fluent Spanish and English like me.


No comments:

Post a Comment